“The SuperWellness Challenge is a lifestyle change programme over a minimum 3 month period. It has been proven over and over to deliver measurable results in terms of biometric data and standardised health & wellbeing questionnaires, as well as employer measures such as sickness absence. This tried and tested format is tailored to each work environment and has been implemented successfully across industries such as transport, construction, hospitality, leisure and media.”
The SuperWellness Challenge
The SuperWellness Challenge
A 5 month nutrition & wellbeing programme which has been shown to deliver measurable results in terms of health & wellbeing scores, sickness absence and engagement. This high quality bespoke approach has been tried and tested successfully across industries such as transport, construction, hospitality, leisure and media. It includes 4 phases, which allow us to tailor each step for the best results:
Month 1: Challenge Design & Setup
Familiarisation and design
We assess your work environment in order to adapt the structure of the programme where needed. We work with you to set objectives and where relevant establish a relationship with your catering provider and local managers / wellbeing champions to ensure the future success of the Challenge.
Employee Health and Wellbeing Survey
- Key areas of health concern
- Barriers to behaviour change (e.g. business travel)
- Current lifestyle, nutrition and exercise habits
- Support preferences
The survey results provide valuable insights from employees in order to meet expectations and gain future buy-in to the programme
Month 2: Awareness Month
The aim of the Awareness Month is to build anticipation and create a buzz in order to maximise engagement and commitment to the Challenge. It includes:
- One full day on-site with our team of nutritionists, who will run several taster workshops and body composition testing sessions. During the day, the Challenge programme is presented and employees are invited to apply to join
- Management of the application process
- All material to promote the awareness day and Challenge– e-mail content and flyers
Months 3, 4, 5: The Challenge
The Challenge itself takes place over three months and is designed to support participants to create long term healthy diet and lifestyle habits. Combining nutritional and health knowledge with regular measurement, gamification and behaviour change coaching has proved a winning formula to achieve this.
- Up to 48 individuals can be accommodated for the challenge in order to provide an optimal level of support.
- Our practitioner team is on-site for one day per month. The structure for each day includes:
- A workshop on a different subject each month (some of our most popular topics include: ‘How to Lose Weight and Gain Energy’, ’10 Steps to a Healthy Digestion’, ‘Food for the Mind (how to fight stress and feel great)’
- Coaching groups or ‘teams’ of up to 12 people each, providing practical support to implement the programme
- Promotion and communications between sessions:
- Our facilitators provide continuity throughout the programme, through motivational messages and by creating anticipation for upcoming sessions.
Although the Challenge components are tried and tested, the programme is typically tailored to suit different cultures and environments.
Month 6: Final Measurement & Reporting
Measurement is one of the key success factors of the Challenge.
Throughout the programme, participants’ biometric data and health scores are measured and recorded (in according with GDPR guidelines). A standardised questionnaire is used at the start and close of the programme to provide data concerning:
- Nutrition & Hydration
- Alcohol & Smoking
- Physical Activity
- Mental Health
- Perception of Work Environment and Culture
Our nutritionists gather final data at the end of the third Challenge month and provide participants with support to continue the journey after the Challenge.
We recommend planning a maintenance programme to provide ongoing accountability and support to maintain the benefits beyond the programme.
This is an amazing programme that is both educational and fun to participate in. At AmcoGiffen we take the wellbeing of our employees seriously, we have had some great results and the feedback from our employees has been fantastic. This is so well worth the investment. [READ THE CASE STUDY]
Nutrition is part of our wider health and wellbeing strategy and it goes hand in hand with our board commitments to lead the industry and [set] standards for best practice in health and wellbeing. We operate in a highly regulated industry where we’re constantly focusing on safety and compliance, so it’s essential that our people are fit and healthy and able to take [on] the work they’re required to do. On the other hand, we believe encouraging our people to take ownership for their own health through initiatives such as [the] SuperWellness challenge empowers them to make healthier choices in their own life. [READ THE CASE STUDY]
“The programme was a fantastic investment to make; centring on nutrition and fitness, stress and sleep, we really saw a difference in the team’s productivity, happiness and overall health. Furthermore, the group challenges created healthy competition and brought our teams and departments closer together.
On the back of the programme we have seen the launch of a Stafford running club, as well as the team eating much more healthily in the staff dining room.” [READ THE CASE STUDY]
“As a workplace food service specialist, we feel we have a duty to our clients to provide food that is healthy as well as tasty. It’s something we take seriously, hence investing in [this programme] for the benefit of our own staff, as well as our clients. On a personal note, I am sure the programme has helped extend my life and hopefully I will continue to lead it in a healthier, more mindful way.” [READ THE CASE STUDY]
Get in touch for a no-obligation chat!
Call us on 0845 370 4070
“We have had fantastic feedback from our employees regarding SuperWellness and we look forward to working further with them in the future.”